Meet Dr. Mark Lively
Dr. Mark Lively has been in private practice since 1990. He moved from Tampa to Martin County in 1993 in search of the perfect place to raise his family. His other goal was to establish a small, comfortable, hands-on orthodontic practice.
Education & Experience
Dr. Lively graduated from the University of South Florida in 1984 with a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry. He then attended the University of Louisville School of Dentistry, graduating at the top of his class. He was the first student to receive the Outstanding Graduating Senior Award and the Pierre Fauchard Award for Outstanding Dental Achievement in the same year.
Following dental school, he completed an additional two-year orthodontic residency at the University of Louisville, becoming a specialist in orthodontics.
Dr. Lively is active in his community, currently serving on the Board of Directors for Character Counts for the United Way. He has also served on the boards of the YMCA, Seacoast National Bank, and Success by Six.
His wife, LaDonna, has served on the board of the Martin County Red Cross, was the Volunteer Coordinator at Hidden Oaks Middle School, and volunteers at Martin County High School. She also served as PTA President at Bessey Creek Elementary School.
Dr. Lively’s boys have been actively involved in the community through the Martin County Chapter of the Red Cross.
Dr. Lively is a member of the following organizations:
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Florida Association of Orthodontists
- Florida Dental Association
- Palm City Chamber of Commerce
- Southern Association of Orthodontists
- Stuart Chamber of Commerce
- Stuart Sailfish Study Club
- Tri-County Dental Association
Over the years, Dr. Lively and Lively & Napoli Orthodontics are grateful to have received many awards for their commitment to the community. Some of those awards include:
- Business Person of the Year Award from the Palm City Chamber of Commerce
- Business of Character Award from the United Way
- District 5 Award for Outstanding Citizenship and Philanthropy in Martin County
- Pillar of the Community Award for his 20-year commitment to the Adopt-A-Class Program
Lively & Napoli Orthodontics has received multiple "Outstanding Community Business Partner Awards" over the last 22 years from local schools. Dr. Lively believes that he and his family are blessed to live in such a wonderful community and are committed to giving back in any way they can.
Outside of the Office
Dr. Lively is married to LaDonna, his high school sweetheart. They have three boys: Jesse, Nick, and Matt. Oh, and we can't forget their dog, Lincoln!
When Dr. Lively is not busy creating beautiful smiles, you can usually find him golfing, cheering on his Red Sox and Bucs, or spending quality time with family and friends.