Meet Your Stuart Orthodontist
Dr. Vince Napoli, a native of South Florida, has a lifelong dedication to fostering healthy, radiant smiles. His educational journey began in Fort Lauderdale, where he attended high school before moving on to the University of Florida for his undergraduate studies. There, he distinguished himself by graduating in the top one percent of his class, a testament to his commitment and academic prowess. His pursuit of excellence continued at Nova Southeastern University, where he earned his dental degree with honors.
Passionate about clinical orthodontics, Dr. Napoli further honed his skills at Jacksonville University School of Orthodontics. This intensive three-year graduate program allowed him to specialize in orthodontics, culminating in his tenure as Chief Resident. He had the privilege of training under Dr. Bill Swigler, a renowned orthodontist from Stuart, Florida.
In 2022, Dr. Napoli was welcomed into the practice by Dr. Lively, who recognized in him the perfect fit to continue his legacy. Today, Dr. Napoli is delighted to be back in his beloved South Florida, where he lives with his wife Jenny, their faithful dog Gio, and eagerly awaits the arrival of their first child. Together, they look forward to creating a lifetime of smiles in the community they call home.
How orthodontists and dentists differ
While orthodontists and dentists have similar backgrounds, the two professions are actually quite different. In fact, all orthodontist are trained as dentists first, but in addition to completing dental school to become a dentist, orthodontists continue their education for a few additional years to earn the license and certification necessary to be considered an orthodontist. That means that orthodontists have spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. That education includes what to do, how to plan and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan for patients' unique cases.
Why seeing an orthodontist matters
If you're hoping to achieve a beautiful, straight forever smile that you can feel confident in, it's important that you see an orthodontist to help guide you on your journey. This is because the additional training that orthodontists undergo helps them develop the skills necessary to diagnose and treat more complex orthodontic cases. Dentists also receive basic orthodontic training which enables them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing your Stuart orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
- You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Stuart orthodontist's office every six to eight weeks.
And don't let price be a problem either! Lively & Napoli Orthodontics is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Stuart area.